Mardi Gras Weekend

My body is exhausted but my spirit is soaring! My voice is strained but my heart is full..

Well, that's not all true. I guess it sounds nice, but the truth is. Mardi Gras Ministry is TOUGH.
Yes, I'm exhausted and my voice is strained, but as I sit and reflect, I realize that my heart and spirit are exhausted and strained too.

Man, my heart BREAKS for the souls on Bourbon Street. Last night a young woman told an elderly, handicapped lady on our evangelistic team (named Donna) that, "satan is lord." When Donna replied that "satan is a loser, but Jesus is Lord," the woman began hitting her. The guys in the group separated them but not before Donna's lip was split. Blood from her lip dripped on the tract that she was holding...on the picture of the cross.

These two things break my heart the most out here:
  1. Women who don't realize how precious and valuable they are in God's eyes.
  2. Catholics who think they can sin as much as they want and then just go to confession.
But it's not all bad.. Tonight I was blessed to lead a brother named Nophil in prayer as he repented and gave his heart to the Lord. I also had the pleasure or witnessing to a group of four guys for almost an hour, as they asked me questions about God and the Bible.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CrossWalk Chronicles: Issue 024

CrossWalk Chronicles: Issue 025

CrossWalk Chronicles: Issue 023