CrossWalk Chronicles: Issue 023


A New Season; the Same Mission


I’m writing this from the Florida Keys. Yesterday I drove four hours to reach mile marker zero, the beginning of US Highway 1. After the Lord opened a parking space for me, I off-loaded the first cross and immediately a young man named Adam approached me and asked about it. I explained that I carry the cross to open conversations about God, witnessing to unbelievers and encouraging fellow Christians. He told me that he believed in “a god” but not necessarily Jesus. He allowed me to pray with him and we had a really positive conversation. 
Adam told me about the “conch drop” similar to the “ball drop” in New York. I was really excited about it. The crowd was huge, streets were blocked off, and police were mounted on horseback. It reminded me of doing ministry on Bourbon Street during Mardi Gras. We parted ways and I carried the cross to mile marker zero, where I felt led to plant it. I immediately found a spot by a large tree and was surprised at how well my shovel worked the soil. After placing some stones at the foot of the cross, I turned back to my car where I had a second cross waiting to part the crowd. 
That’s when a homeless woman, named Karen, timidly asked if she should use my phone. She called a friend who drives a taxi but he was unavailable to pick her up because of the busyness of New Years. Investigating further, I found that Karen had missed the last bus to a church she stays at, due to the road closures. Karen would have to sleep on the streets and was almost certain she would experience abuse with all the debauchery taking place.
Knowing that her “home” was an hour away and I would miss the conch drop, I offered to drive her. “Many are the plans of a man, but the Lord determines his steps.” With that, I left Key West and I am already on my way back North. I don’t know what is in store for this ministry trip but I am trying to follow the Spirit’s leading -- denying myself, taking up my cross and following Christ. Please pray with me, claiming revival across our great nation!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CrossWalk Chronicles: Issue 024

CrossWalk Chronicles: Issue 025