CrossWalk Chronicles: Issue 025


Blessings to you and yours!

87984301_10157445678214398_4993193510766116864_n.jpg 85184437_10157438104284398_7056220075749015552_n.jpg 87288157_10157445678249398_4777036443937669120_n.jpg

In February, by God’s grace, we carried the cross in eight states. I started the month at my brother’s house in California. If you’ve been following, you already know that my Lil’ Red Prius died after arriving on the West Coast. But praise God, I was able to purchase another vehicle at half it’s Blue Book value!

I loaded up my Dodge Avenger and drove over the mountain to my friend, Jason’s, place. After an awesome time of fellowship, he asked to be baptized. Shortly after baptizing Jason, my sister-in-law checked in with me to see how my journey was going. I shared with her the praise report, that I had just baptized Jason. She responded, “I wish I knew you did that. I was baptized as an infant and would like to do it again as an adult.” So I went back over the mountain to baptize her. On my way there, she discussed it with my brother and he decided that he would like to be baptized as well! We did a short video series on baptism and my niece asked if she could make the public declaration also! 

We went to the lake, and after their baptisms in the icy water, my brother surprised his wife by renewing their wedding vows. It was a truly memorable moment as the sun was setting on Valentine’s Day.  

I loaded my car once again and began my journey to Oregon. On my way, I saw a vehicle at the side of the road with its hood up. I stopped to see if they could use some assistance -  I have oil, antifreeze, jumper cables, tire repair kits, etc.. It was a mom and her four-year-old daughter and they were stranded there for some time. The engine was blown so we decided to load their belongings into my vehicle and I drove them to safety. There is a fundraiser if anyone feels led to help them find new transportation: https://www.gofundme.com/f/single-mom-in-need-of-our-love

In Oregon, I met up with my friend, Chris, from Pennsylvania. He is a director at a Bible training center in Portland, so I stayed there for the night and taught an evangelism class in the morning. Such a sweet spirit upon their school.

When I left Oregon, I drove toward Seattle to carry the cross around the space needle. There is a homeless population there, so I delivered some food and blessed someone sleeping on the street with a warm blanket. Then, at the Idaho/Montana state line, the cross was planted in 6 feet of snow. 

In the Dakotas, I carried the cross at Mount Rushmore. Then, after ministry in Omaha, Nebraska, I spent the morning at the International House of Prayer in Kansas City, Missouri. It was a much-needed time of refueling and refreshing. Then, I was blessed to visit a friend in St. Louis, Missouri - whom I met while carrying the cross through Alabama in 2010. After Missouri, I started back to Florida to spend some quality time with my kiddos. 

87284577_10157442224579398_2183523873926938624_n.jpg

After arriving in Florida, two people separately contacted me about being baptized in water. By God’s grace, both of them were located in Orlando, so I hardly had to dry off between them! How awesome that God orchestrated a half-dozen baptisms this month! If you’ve got a moment, please check out the video: https://youtu.be/ZjtPLkD5XpY

Thirteen states to go! Please pray that God continues to lead, guide, and provide!

CrossWalk Giving
Rev. Tobiah P. Steinmetz
1569 W 21st Street
Riviera Beach, FL 33404
(484) 363-3277

Deny yourself and take up your cross! (Mark 8:34)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CrossWalk Chronicles: Issue 024

CrossWalk Chronicles: Issue 023