Rt. 23 West


I was tempted to skip crosswalking today because I'm a little sore from yesterday. I decided however to walk a half-day instead. As soon as I got out of the campsite the first person that stopped to talk was the last person that stopped to talk last night. I found that her name is Patty and that she's the wife of the camp owner. I told Evie last night that I wanted to speak with Patty more because the last thing she said to me was, “it doesn't matter what god you believe in, as long as you have faith.” Thank God I was able to speak and pray with her this morning.

Walking along State Route 23, two women named Jennifer and Alice stopped they were on the way to work and wanted to hear my testimony. They were both believers and we were able to encourage one another. After they pulled away and I began walking again, I passed a piece of paper blowing in the wind. I really felt God lead me to pick it up so I backed up and grabbed it. It had a woman named Sylvia's email address on it so I figured I'd keep it and email her an encouraging word when I got back to the RV. This reminded me of a time when I was walking 422 and saw a driver's license at the side of the road. I felt God lead me to pick it up but I didn't. Afterwards I realized that I could have mailed it back to its owner and included some encouraging words. I told myself that the next time I feel God lead me to pick something I will.

Just after thinking that, I walked past a Phillies ball-cap on the other side of the guard rail. I heard God say, “pick it up” but I replied, “no thanks, I don't wear hats.” Nevertheless, I picked it up, put my business card in it, and placed it at the shoulder of the road. I continued walking and about 15 minutes later a gentleman slowed his truck and asked if I needed any help. I told him “no” and he drove off. A few minutes later the same guy drove past again. This time he slowed his truck and yelled “We'll be in touch!” as he held my card up he continued, “I got the hat!”

I stopped a couple hours out where I felt it would be good to turn around. Just before I turned back for camp a woman stopped and offered me a bottle of water. We had a brief talk and then headed our separate ways. It felt good to be heading back to camp.

I while later a man and woman named Dave and Rose pulled over to see what I was doing. They thought maybe I was forced to dress in a robe and carry the cross by a fraternity or something. I explained that I was expressing my faith by sharing the gospel. We had an awesome time of prayer and as we were praying another car pulled up. This next man and woman were named David and Irene. They were brother and sister and David really encouraged me in the Lord. We spoke for a good while and I shared a lot about the cross. David and I spoke about different types of evangelism and he said that he's felt led to write his own tracts. I directed him to Lance Rowe's website: www.crosscountry4jesus.com because Lance writes his own tracts.

I spoke with a few more people on the way back to camp but perhaps the coolest conversation happened over the phone. The guy in the truck that picked up the Phillies cap called me and shared a really cool testimony. He said that God led him to turn around and pick up the cap... His name was George and he recently felt that the “cross” he's had to carry was getting too heavy for him. He had a military background too and was younger in Christ as well so we had a lot in common. I prayed God's favor over him and saved his number. I think we'll cross paths again soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CrossWalk Chronicles: Issue 024

CrossWalk Chronicles: Issue 025

CrossWalk Chronicles: Issue 023