Richmond, VA

Caleb and I actually had a strange time in Richmond. When we got to the city, it was empty. Nothing was stirring until the afternoon so we took a tour of the Holocaust Museum. If you haven't been to one of the Holocaust museums, it's a must. The atrocities committed against the Jews were horrific and we must learn from history. I left feeling inspired to live my life to the fullest in honor of those who lost theirs prematurely.

Once we were CrossWalking we split up in order to cover more of the city. I met two men about my age and the one guy asked, "So why are you carrying that cross?" His friend exclaimed, "Oh, duh, I thought it was a 'tee' ...a cross; now it makes sense." Little kids have asked me why I was carrying a wooden "X" before, but I was taken back that this guy thought I was dressed in a robe, carrying a "T." I was left speechless for a minute; but then continued to proclaim the Gospel to the first guy. Looking back on it, I could have taken more time to talk with his friend and catch him up to speed, but this instance just goes to show that America IS a mission field.

I took some time today to sit by some deserted rail road tracks to just listen to God. I was eager to hear his voice and so I waited patiently there........

I made my way back to were Caleb was and we packed it in for the day. On a high note, God seems to keep reminding me that He is my Provider and after getting home to Evie, she had mentioned to me that we were blessed with a weeks worth of groceries.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CrossWalk Chronicles: Issue 024

CrossWalk Chronicles: Issue 025

CrossWalk Chronicles: Issue 023